In modern times, these primitive fears keep us bound and are no longer helpful. What is helpful is to begin to think and respond differently, to hold a positive outlook.
The Benefits of Optimism:
- Research shows that optimism leads people to better overall health.
- Optimistic people are generally "luckier," more successful, and regarded as more appealing.
- Based on the Law of Attraction (Like attracts like), by being optimistic, you will draw positive outcomes to yourself.
- Studies have shown that imagining positive outcomes releases fear.
The more optimistic you are, the more you create a pattern of response that perpetuates your positive feelings.
Here are some steps to bringing about more positive thinking:
- Recognize what is NOT happening in your life that you would like to have happen.
- Identify what you CAN do to make it happen and focus on that.
- Fear and optimism cannot occupy the same space, so the more optimistic you can be and feel, the less fear you experience.
- Focus on one thing that makes you happy, that you are grateful for, and bring this into your mind whenever you experience a fearful thought.
You may be surprised that small steps toward optimism can bring about big changes.